SHADES OF GREY

not everything in this life is black and white

I know what you did last summer...

This summer consisted of soooo much! A lot of it was either traveling or work "stuff".
Here's a run-down of what I can remember...

June 7-11: Sammy and I traveled to Virginia to visit Lamar and Grandma Miller while Jonathan was at scout camp.
June 14-18: Sammy went to girls' camp while Jonathan and I carpeted the basement and moved his furniture downstairs.
June 18: Jonathan and Sammy flew to see their dad in Nebraska for a month.
June 20-24: I spent a week at Austin Peay for the UMATH Summer Institute.
June 24: I left for Virginia (driving all night) to see Lamar.
June 25: After a short nap, Lamar and I drove to Richmond to have dinner with Paul and Scarlett. Then we drove all night to Princeton, West Virginia to meet/visit his brother, Stephen.
June 27: Next we headed to Lewisburg, West Virginia to visit Dad. Unfortunately, Christy wasn't there when we dropped in.
June 28: Lamar and I headed back to Virginia to get him packed up for the big move to Tennessee.
July 3: We drove (separately) to Tennessee with both cars totally loaded down with Lamar's things.
July 4: We unpacked the cars and headed to Atlanta, Georgia to meet Lamar's father, stepmother and brother.
July 5: After having dinner with Belen's family, we drove back to Tennessee.
July 7: I attended a half-day STEM training at Clarksville High School.
July 8-11: Lamar and I drove to Hilliard, Ohio to visit April's family.
July 11: We left Ohio and drove back to Tennessee - but wait! On the way home we stopped at Lamar's friend's house in Kentucky for dinner.
July 13-15: I spent two nights in Falls Creek Falls at another UMATH Conference. THis one was awful because I got totally car sick on the way there, there was no cell phone service, and I ended up getting very little sleep.
July 17: Jonathan and Sammy flew back home - finally!
July 20-21: I attended a two day STEM training. Productive, but tiring.
July 21: Lamar drove all night to get to Virginia to clear up some school issues, finish moving his things, and attend court for the kids' custody hearing.
July 25: Jonathan and Sammy leave to go to Nauvoo for Youth Conference.
July 26: Lamar drove to Pennsylvania to pick up Derek and Abbie form their mom's house. On his way back to Tennessee, he stopped at Dad's house (once again missing Christy) and Stephen's house.
July 27: Lamar, Derek and Abbie get home.
July 28: Jonathan and Sammy get back from Youth Conference.

Holey moley!
It didn't seem as bad while we were doing it. Now, looking back and listing it makes me realize how out of control all that traveling was! Never again...

0 comments:

my favorite quote

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." Douglas Adams

current time where we live

who's checking us out

Free HTML Hit Counter

about this blog

Although I have been blogging since 2007, this blog is new for me. It signifies the union of the Buntons and the Cokers to create one big, happy family - we hope...

I want this blog to be a place to show off pictures of the kids, to share exciting news, to tell silly stories and maybe even a few sad ones. I want this blog to be a record of our family as we grow and learn and love throughout the years.

I hope that those of you who follow our blog enjoy some of my musings. I hope it makes you smile and maybe even laugh a little bit. I hope that some of you even take the time to comment on different posts.

A friend of mine once said something that I love: "I smile because I have no idea what is going on!" Well, this blog is a way for me to sit down and remember what has gone on each month - and hopefully that will be the reason that I am smiling.



lamar and kim

lamar and kim

jonathan

jonathan

sammy

sammy

derek

derek

abbie

abbie